Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Disaster!

What a disaster I was today.

For starters, I slept horribly. I was up until 2, and the alarm goes off at 6:15. I thought I was going to have the bad night sleep on Sunday night after running Blackfathom until X a.m. I'm not saying what X is because I want Kathy to believe I didn't see the sun come up (actually I didn't, but I wasn't that far off). But I surprisingly slept like a babe that night (must have been the paint fumes from painting two rooms that day). But last night I paid.

My lovely wife made some coffee while I was laying in bed and brought it up to me. I moved it to a safe place and my head didn't make it off the pillow. I hear the sound of what can only be a coffee cup getting blown over onto the carpet by the beside fan (how the fuck does that happen?). Ug, mad scramble. Douse it in water, get it sponged up. Kathy hits it with carpet cleaner. At that point I was hyper grumpy. If I had known my boss's phone number, I probably would have taken a sick day (I was thinking of doing it until the coffee showed up bedside, and then I felt too guilty for letting Kathy get up).

Hop in the shower (now running very late). Get out, set my coffee mug on the ironing board to grab a shirt from the dresser right behind it. Open drawer. Knock coffee mug onto the carpet AGAIN!!! Ug. Mad scramble. More dousing. More carpet cleaner. Kathy pushes me out the door to work (late). She is a saint.

Get to work. There is a small concession stand at the door which sells all sorts of stuff (starbucks, popcorn, etc.), including doughnuts of the type that have lots of jelly filling and frostingesque glaze. Normally I can resist my second favoritest of all doughnuts, but my main source of "wakemeup" was pissing on me, so I went to the sugar/fat bomb combo.

Relatively effective. Made it through the morning. Little did I know that coffee is a jealous mistress. The third incident of the day came when I dumped my work cup of coffee onto my keyboard. WTF.

But the day is over now, and there is stew, a little time on the trainer, and maybe some red shell action at my brother's.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Blackfathom on Sat night/Sun morning, of course.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you bike the day before? Because if you didn't, then I know what the problem was.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

I blew it off :(

Rode the trainer a little tonight though (actually followed through).

10:16 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Coffee abuse!

7:46 PM  
Blogger The Information Officer said...

Word is you can run the keyboard through the top rack of the dishwasher to get the coffee off of it.

let it dry thoroughly before using.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Kosmo: More like "The Coffee Strikes Back."

Knetik: I turned it upside down and banged the shit out of it to get all of the liquid out that I could. It worked fine (I think). We'll see today.

I don't think I can take any hardware out of that area and then bring it back in.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Kindralas said...

Blackfathom sucks anyway. Running all the way across Ashenvale was the reason you missed out on so much sleep, there...:P

12:43 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

*sigh* I want red shell action. Or maybe a little Computer Joe.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Mkae said...

Tom,

You do realize that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. You should have not taken that third cup.

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home