Wednesday, September 07, 2005

They're Asking For It

And I hope they get it.

Link

The French press has done the one thing that could pull him back.

At the end of the day, he is motivated by hate. Everything he channels and converts into anger, and runs that down through the pedals.

He knows that nothing, nothing would piss the French (especially the press) off more than winning their race again, especially as no Frenchman has won the thing for years.

I hope they get what they are BEGGING for.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

In case that link is dead (or it is member only, which I think it might be):

by Mark Higgins, CSE:

We have been getting a lot of calls on the Lance comments from today's Austin American Statesman.

Here is a statement from Lance regarding his career:

"While I'm absolutely enjoying my time as a retired athlete with Sheryl and the kids, the recent smear campaign out of France has awoken my competitive side. I'm not willing to put a percentage on the chances but I will no longer rule it out..." - Lance Armstrong

8:01 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

So, true. Reading his book and just watching him run down riders that have pissed him off in the past clearly shows that this is a guy that can be motivated that way.

I'd love to see him come back for another year but I totally understand him if he didn't - family is important.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Wow, I love this post. And I hope he comes back to win it again, too. Just because he can.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home