Thursday, September 15, 2005

Hurricanes from Afar

Don't know what the story really is with that storm riding up the atlantic coast, but I'm thinking of my friends in VB and Norf. You folks stay safe and dry.

I really won't miss the weeklong windups that often amount to nothing. Of course, the times they amount to something pretty much justify all the fretting of the other times. And it goes on for months.

The only good side is that you should have a couple of beautiful days of weather on Sunday or Monday. Best weather I've ever seen (bluest skies, no humidity, etc.) was always on the days after a hurricane cleared the area.

So anyways, I hope it blows out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

I think maybe it's going north and east out to sea. Ophelia is pummeling the Outer Banks with lots of rain, but all we're getting here is some wind and humidity. Thanks for the concern.

You'll be happy to know I saw a news article that said yet another disaster the US is not prepared for is when The Big One hits the New Madrid fault in SE MO/SW IL someday.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Trundling Grunt said...

Hey, I have earthquake insurance so I'm prepared. Maybe cheeseman should visit 72hours.org to prepare?

8:42 PM  
Blogger Aussie-Askew said...

After Rita, I think John Stewart referred to that storm as "The Ghostbusters II storm." Lots of expectation, amounted to nothing

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home