Saturday, August 20, 2005

Some Random Notes

Well, as my brother is requesting an update, who am I to deny him?

Speaking of my brother, he mentioned that the company that I'm going to work for in a week just sent an email around about blogging. Sounded like it was just some common sense stuff, but stuff I'll make sure to chase down.

It was good to hear from Evan tonight. After reading of his exploits over the last couple of weeks, I mentioned that he is a younger man than I if he can still drive through the night, even with co-drivers. My brain just shuts dwon at 3 in the morning now. But those through the night drives always make for some epic stories.

I love the view from the back of the new house. We realized that we had actually seen the house about 3 years ago as we went sledding down the common ground behind it with my nephews and neices. I've always wanted to back onto a sledding hill. What can I say, some people want to live on golf courses. Not me.

I learned what a difference there is between how real estate deals are done in different markets. Here, there is a bid, and maybe a counter. In St. Louis, the opening bid is always super low, and the counter is always super high, with the expectation that there will be a couple of rounds of counters and a meeting in the middle. But it can be unsettling if you don't know that it is how things work. I'm not sure our agent did the best job in preping us for it.

I'm looking forward to watching one last match with AA on Sunday. Hopefully the Arsenal has something for the Russian Mafia cash.

I hate Kane Davis. What the heck is he pitching in a 1-0 game in the 7th inning for? I'd rather have Eveland or Capellan (a prospect) blow a game than a broken down retread.

I won the last game of Puerto Rico in the forseeable future by one point over CK.

I think I'm going to be living in a hotel for the next 3-4 weeks. Opposite of fun.

My fooseball skills started to come back after a few games with my nephew. The secret? Always keep your left hand on the goalie. He started picking up some of my tricks by the end, and my back reminded me that they don't build those tables for 6'5" people.

Fooseball is a very silly looking word. Any idea what the origins are? (I suppose I could look.) Do they have fooseball in other countries?

Tee mentioned to me that Dave Z updated his site, and has an interview with Magnus Bacstedt ("champion of Norway"). As always, not to be missed.

Apparently, my new company runs a soccer league! (as well as basketball and softball leagues)

1 Comments:

Blogger Aussie-Askew said...

Foosball was in the "well-off" kid's houses while I was growing up, in fact my Italian mate had two tables at his house (one for each hand?).

It's just table soccer back home.

Manchester solid again this morning, and Ruud looking promisingly sharp, though he should have had 2.

God forbid, I may also be backing Arsenal tomorrow... at least we need them to score first so the game is interesting, and not a dragged-down defensive one-niller.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home