Thursday, July 28, 2005

I Can Hardly Wait...

to know a lot less about insurance than I do today.

to know a lot more traffic paterns on I-270.

to not have to run out of a room when I hear Warren starting to mix up the coolaid. Although, it was nice to be able to walk out of the room. Er, sorry former coworkers.

to go clothes shoppin' for my new work duds. Any advice Ed? Not sure linen flies.

to not have to think about the Crew losing because the pitcher hit a 3 run homer.

to go for some training rides with my nephew and brother.

to do some house shoppin'.

for it to be Sept. 8, because they are actually starting the new season on time this year. Tell my sister in law I'll bring the popcorn.

to get my offer via FedEx tomorrow.

to see the NHL without the redline. Lets Go Blues!

to move out of the hose we are in. Like K said to me today, she was always a little bit heartbroken when we got snaked at the last second on the house she really wanted.

to actually get back on the bike tomorrow now that the 110+ heat index has receded.

to see the next Harry Potter movie in November. I think all of the Harry movies should be released in the winter, preferably around Christmas. I don't know what it is about John Williams soundtracks for Harry and that time of year, but it resonates for me. Just wish the same guy was directing movie 4 that directed 3.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Information Officer said...

Ed's advice on clothes shopping:

Start by establishing your color prefences. go back and look in your closet. What do you have that you can still wear and accessorize to? Look for what colors you see, to prefer, what colors do you normally buy? Bright colors, muted colors, earth tones, pastels, black.

Then look to find your pattern prefences, stripes, no patterns, plaid, etc.

Fabric choice should be based on the temperature where you live. With it being 100 + F'kin degreees here I go with something that breathes.

After determing your color and pattern prefences go out find some clothes that fit and buy every version in the colors you like and especially if you can match to the clothes you already have.

Then buy a couple of dress shirts that are just slightly wacky for you. Something you'll still wear but is just on the edge of where you normally are comfortable.

Now that you have your clothes buy a pair of black shoes, a pair of brown and a belt that matches (near dead on) for both the black and brown pairs of shoes.

If ties are a necessity in your new job, well that's where wacky can really come into play. Buy anything you want after all in corporate america that's where everyone "expresses their individuality". So wacky is expected.

that would quickly sum up ed's take on "work clothes" shopping.

10:52 PM  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Agree 100%, except avoid "wacky" ties or shirts. Dark colours are great because they go with nearly everything and require less thought in the mornings.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I'm picturing our closet in my head...

So, should he take his pattern and color preferences from the St. Louis Blues jersey, or his grey Packers t-shirts?

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home