Thursday, June 15, 2006

Gerrard for England


Gerrard for England
Originally uploaded by sethsdisciple.
England bailed out by the Reds.

Watched half of this game on Telemundo today, and the second half on ESPN...no question that given the choice, I would watch in spanish instead of ESPN English. How they can make the decision to put all of these hacks on the World Cup is unbelieveable. At least the spanish call felt right as they were hitting the right parts of the play with emphasis (and knew how to pronounce the fucking names).

I hope Stevie gets to crack a few more from range.

5 Comments:

Blogger TheGirard said...

yea...go gerrard.

Reyna looked like an old hack today. Ghana was a great game.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Dave(id) said...

is it just me or is the picture on telemundo 10 times crisper than abc/espn/espn2 HD? Me thinks it must be the high definition and my lack of.

11:52 PM  
Blogger DrHeimlich said...

I keep hearing about how unpopular soccer is in the U.S. And then I go and stroll through the blogs I read regularly, and most of them are talking about the World Cup.

My conclusion -- I must know every soccer fan in the U.S.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Dr, I think it is more a case of hard to market than unpopular. I would guess more people under 25 have played it than about any other sport, but without a big league here, you can't treat it like baseball or (our) football.

3:52 AM  
Blogger Aussie-Askew said...

The challenge for the round of 16 for England is who do they dump to make room for Gerrard after his rest. Because that man is not only the heart of the team, but one of it's primary scorers.
Me? Regardless of his pinpoint service, I would drop Beckham. JUst not fast enough, and the othe rmidfielders Lampard & Joe Cole are indispensable.
Unfortunately, Sven hgas a reputation for including the big-names, although this is his most risk-taking WC ever...

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home