Wednesday, June 07, 2006

World Cup Primer


beckenbauer
Originally uploaded by sethsdisciple.
To celebrate upcoming World Cup, I bring you my all time favorite Python skit (Thanks Justin!!!). Just to make sure you get the funniest joke ever done by the Pythons, I included the picture of Franz Bechenbauer.

And, in what I choose to believe is the best homage ever, the Jose +10 shoe commercial uses the same joke. Check it out here. Beautifully played a number of the top footballers in the world.

The joke plays to me just as well today in an ad supporting the World Cup as it did back then...of course, I have no idea if the Jose +10 writer really had that in mind, but my world is just a slightly better place if I get to believe that she did.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

I liked Graham Chapman's socks and the line, "And Marx says he was offsides." Still don't know who Bechenbauer is, though. You guys have fun.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home