Thursday, June 08, 2006

Score One For Tolerance

I'm not inclined to do this normally, so I'm going to say a quick political word and then back the fuck out of the room. I promise, more fluffy posts about the Brewers and racing and in all likelihood a lot of World Cup.

I've you've ever gotten me to talk politics, you'd may or may not know that I'm generally a bit conservative (especially in military matters and whatnot). But that being said....

Holy cripes I'm happy this constitutional amendment thing didn't move any farther forward (even though the esteemed idiots from this state voted for it). Why, oh why, should I feel entitled to tell two people who love each other that their relationship doesn't count as much as mine? It is insulting and degrading and dehumanizing and arrogant on so many levels it makes me sick. And for the politicians to be spending time (and therefore money) on this...now...makes my head spin.

My favorite bit of data from the whole mess is that Massachusetts (a state where same sex marriage is legal) apparently has the lowest divorce rate in the country...so much for undercutting the stability of the family.

Ok, done now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

If every state in the union wants to pass a law bannign gay marraige, I say go ahead, if that's what the constituents want (though I lean in the other direction).

But the Constitution, IMHO, should be more about...I don't know, important things?

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home