Saturday, April 22, 2006

Monty Python and My Dad


Spamalot
Originally uploaded by sethsdisciple.
I think my mom must have been terrified on the drive down to Chicago to see the show. Talking with my brother at lunch today, apparently he and my mom used to watch Flying Circuscuscus episodes together, but what possessed her to buy 4 tickets for the show in Chicago I don't know.

She tried to get my Dad to watch The Holy Grail as kind of a test run...no dice...didn't get it, wasn't interested.

But for whatever reason, he had a blast at the play. My brother was naming all the classic bits from Holy Grail to him, and my dad was actually countering with other parts. Blows my friggen mind...there is just no place in my head for discussing the Black Knight or the a cow being launched in a catapult with my Dad.

In other news, the cold persists, the Reds beat the Brewers 3-1. The first run was a guy that struck out (but Moeller countn't hold the nasty Sheets curve), stole 2nd, went to 3rd on a ground out, and scored on a sac fly. BAH! The second run was even dumber. He doubled, but was still on second with 2 outs when he came around to score on an INFIELD FUCKING SINGLE. The Reds games are always Always ALWAYS strange and frustrating.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aussie-Askew said...

Obviously, your mother no longer smells of elderberries.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your parents enjoyed the show...Dianna and I went when it was in Previews here in Chicago last year

I will have to discuss the Flying Circus with your mom at Indy!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

When are you thinking of doing Indy this year Doug?

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Due to Maggie's softball schedule, etc...I will probably only get to the 500...

And you? I would guess, that with the new little one...you won't be going...my dad would say that she could have the high percentage lifetime attendance...he tried that with your neice...and Maggie and Lucy too...

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home