Monday, April 17, 2006

This Exersaucer Ain't Big Enough For The Both of Us


Hello, Mr. Seal!
Originally uploaded by lostonpurpose.
Well OK, maybe it is. But the B had one solid staredown with the seal before she pitch forward in an apparent attempt to consume the seal whole.

As my cold drags into day 9, I just swallowed instead of coughing...on Kathy's advice...I think she just doesn't want me to wake the B.

Which means that I'm going to miss the ride tomorrow in perfect weather. Bah. Kathy had a good suggestion that I ride the trainer while watching ABC family's daily serving of Gilmore Girls...such good writing. But I can hardly wait for them to wrap back around to the first season...oh my gosh, so much goodness that I have never seen!

Gooey Butter Cake...ever heard of it? I was telling my brother's family that it must be a St. Louis thing (along with pork steaks, concretes, provel cheese (not provelone), toasted ravioli, and that thing that Kathy said...wtf, she's going to kill me). The middle must just be straight butter with some confectionary sugar mixed in.

We have the duty for Sunday dinner this week. Which is backwards, as we know what we are going to make the next time we have dessert duty (we switch off with my brother's fam each Sunday night). Any suggestions? We've made calzones already...I might just go with some sort of taco/burrito/nacho/taco salad bar.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

Yes, Gooey Butter Cake is a St. Louis thing. The writing on Gilmore Girls is terrific, I catch it whenever I can now.

7:33 AM  
Blogger erika said...

Gilmore Girls is great!

I think there is a recipe for Gooey Butter Cake in one of my cooking magazines this month... it does sound familiar. Are you looking for one?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

I so DON'T want the recipe. It is just too fucking rich. It is unreal. Thanks though.

I had forgotten that Bojo did some time here. While I can deal with Imo's, I'm partial to St. Louis Pizza and Wings. I think Kathy hates the st. louis style pizza on the subject of the paper thin crust (which is why I love it).

Luke is my hero on GG. I can't even imagine what season 1 is going to be like without him as a regular.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home