Tuesday, April 18, 2006

So how did Kathy post about this and I didn't?


Brewer game team pic
Originally uploaded by lostonpurpose.
I guess because I don't have many words for what a great weekend we had (even though it apparently granted me this 10 days so far cold).

Of all the sports I love (and those who know me realize there are many), nothing tops Brewer baseball...unless it is Badger hockey. Both remind me of days and nights with my dad. Lots of trips to the Brewer Pepsi fanclub games with my dad growing up (I think it was 5 general admission tickets a year, which my dad would always upgrade to lower grandstand). And friday and saturday nights driving through the crisp Wisconsin winter to Madison for Badger hockey.

With my dad being from Minnesota (Wisconsin's biggest rival), we'd always trade barbs when they got together. I remember being about 12 and being up in Minnesota for some wedding or whatever, and my Dad getting me into old Mariucci arena to see Wisconsin and Minnesota play (just a sigle ticket). I got there early in the second period with Wisconsin down by a goal, and they did the rarest of things that night and came back on the Gophs for a win. Ok, rambling now...the point is that my dad's godson from Minnesota and I still trade emails about college puck, so it was even better that Scott came down for the Frozen Four (and we got to sit by him all weekend). I beleive he described watching Wisconsin win the championship in an arena with 17,000 screaming Wisconsin fans as a fair preview of hell.

So Wisconsin wins national championship in puck (I've been there for 2 of the 6! We flew out to detriot in 90 to see the last one!), Brewers win the game we were at (on a 35 degree night...thank god for the roof on Miller Park), and the B sees her grandparents.

In case you are wondering, the B made it to the 7th inning before she started laboring. A fair early season start. We'll try to build up her pitch count as the season goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home