Thursday, June 23, 2005

Villians, I Say to You, Knock Off All That Evil!


Defender of The City
Originally uploaded by sethsdisciple.
"Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."

Welcome back blue buddy. I've missed you!

The cartoon network's rights to The Tick animated series must have finally run out. For years they apparently owned them, but never ran the show (after running it to death for about half a year). The Tick is airing on Disney every night at 11 p.m.

K and I like to have something on TV to fall asleep to, and for a long time is was The Tick. Disney was even kind enough to put it on at the same time Cartoon Network used to.

Some words to remember:

"Spoon!"

"We've got to UPGRADE THE APPARATUS chum."

"Gravity is a harsh mistress."

"No, must fight, mustn't succumb to the rapture of the bread."

"When you get in bed with evil incarnate, it always takes the covers."

Did I mentioned that I met Ben Endlund? Even got a hat signed by him. What a fanboy...

4 Comments:

Blogger TheGirard said...

Riiiiight. something to "fall asleep to"

8:35 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Everywhere he says, "Cartoon Network", fill in "Comedy Central". Those were the guys who I think have been holding The Tick hostage.

When South Park premiered, it actually followed reruns of The Tick. That was the first home The Tick had outside of its original Saturday morning cartoons spot, I think. I only watched South Park because I wasn't inclined to switch the channel after The Tick. I'd wager SP got a lot of its initial viewers that way, but Comedy Central railroaded it out anyway.

I think they didn't show a lot of the episodes, either, because Disney's already shown one I'd never seen before.

Woot Tick!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Yeah, uh, one of those C networks that I never watch unless it is playing The Tick or Futurama.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

"Do you suck blood?"

"Yeah, I, uh, suck blood all the time!"

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home