Saturday, June 04, 2005

Western Swing

1:15 am and I'm up watching the Brewers and Dodgers. Should be getting a good night sleep before the big drive, but I'm just now starting to get sleepy. And hey, Billy Hall just hit a 3 run jack to make it 7-2 (on top of Carlos's Grand Slam in the first).

This happens all the time when the Brewers head west. Boy does it screw my sleep patterns. Same thing when the Blues head west during the hockey season. Ug. But I think that is really part of being a fan. You hurt, and it feels like you are giving to support your team. As a bonus, I get to listen to Vin Scully call the game on the Dodger broadcast. Bill and Darron aren't bad on the Brewer casts, but they don't hurt for the occasional change.

7-3 now (stupid walks).

I'm heading out tomorrow (er, today now) for a couple of potential interviews. Should be a good experience at least. Plus a little house scouting. And speaking of a western swing, the trip is to the Gateway to the West, St. Louis. Long drive, but I'll need the car, and I'll be able to drag my bike along as well and do some rides with my brother.

7-4 now. Both walks have come around. And now 7-5 on a play to bizarre to describe.

Er, I better wrap this thing up before it gets any worse.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Looks like it turned out OK.

It can also be noted that the Brewers' record is only one game worse than the Yankees. Sweet.

Good luck on the interviews!

10:20 AM  
Blogger TheGirard said...

Is K going with you?

Thank goodness the braves lost 3 of 4 to the nats.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

K is home.

Looks like they won that one and dropped the next two. Ug. No fifth starter.

9:59 PM  
Blogger GiromiDe said...

I'm sooooo glad the Cubs are no longer on the West Coast. I don't know how Rangers fan put up with so many games out there.

This season is generally a win for me if the Braves, Cardinals, and Yankees don't make the playoffs.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home