Monday, June 06, 2005

The Arch


Arch
Originally uploaded by sethsdisciple.
Did you know that the Arch doesn't show up on radar? No shit. I once saw a radar picture of downtown St. Louis. There was a big hole where the arch should have been.

I heard what may turn out to be an urban legend that said that the stealth planes had some of their principles based on the arch (no curves on them, the Arch is a whole lot of flat panels).

Anyways, saw the Arch today, along with some of the other elements of my old days in St. Louis. Got beaten up by my nephew on a bike ride. Ironed my shirt for the interviews tomorrow (HATE the ironing).

To do tomorrow morning:

Shave.
Delint my suit.
Get my resumes printed up at Kinkos (is the 24 hour kinkos a thing of the past? we went by several tonight and they were closed).
Get my newphew to tie my tie for me.
Smile til my face hurts.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

Sigh.

I love that thing. Thanks for the pic. Good luck!

6:43 AM  
Blogger TheGirard said...

I guess I can relate, it happens to me when I see the lights when driving/flying into phx at night.

7:41 AM  
Blogger erika said...

don't forget:

shake hands til you think yours is going to fall off
say 'nice to meet you' 50 trillion times

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck on the interviews...

on a side note suuposedly there is a bridge right near that things called the "eades bridge" might be spelled incorrectly but it is named after one of my ancestors. Let me know if you drive by it.

- ed

1:25 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

Best of luck!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Shocho said...

"Eads Bridge," it's called. I don't think it's open anymore. That's where they made the film Escape from New York, on that bridge. Which is why we always called that movie "Escape from St. Louis."

6:49 PM  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

You don't need luck. Get in there and wow them.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home