Friday, June 03, 2005

More Rain


Wet
Originally uploaded by sethsdisciple.
I felt like dog poo yesterday...bad sleep, bad diet, felt some stress sneaking up on me, etc. Generally, the best cure for that for me is a ride.

Unfortunately, it was raining pretty good most of the day. That didn't mean that I had to wait for the wettest, windiest part of the day to go out, of course, but somehow I pegged it.

I got out there and was soaked in the first 5 minutes, complete with squishy shoes from the water the front wheel throws up, and the line of road grit up my back from the water the back wheel throws up.

I was good about observing the first rule of wet weather cycling though. Though shalt not get up out of the saddle, unless though also wants the place where your butt meets the saddle to be wet. If that happens, we have some chafing issues of the first degree.

But then, about 40 minutes into the ride, I realized that I really had to pee. Musta been all of the water. Anyways, I've seen the riders in the Tour take "nature breaks" while riding along. I started trying to figure out how to position myself to do it (remember, this is deepest, darkest pungo with only the snakes to watch), and the only way I could think of would have had me peeing on my leg. Not good.

So, I had to stop to pee, which caused me to break the first rule, but it was late enough in the ride that the consequences weren't too dire.

And it looks like another day of rain. Might have to search for some pictures of riders taking nature breaks if I want to go out today...what a goofy search that would be.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better that the saddle was wet with rain than with...something else.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Better that the saddle was wet with rain than with...something else.

1:50 PM  
Blogger TheGirard said...

whoa that anonymous guy and that winter guy think alike...weird

2:02 PM  
Blogger Dave(id) said...

it's Danica, not Danika.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Shocho said...

I don't understand why the Hot Rod picture is not used with every post.

I got caught in the rain today walking to Seveneleven (exciting, I know) and nearly pulled a hammy in a low speed jog back home. This is my very low impact equivalent of what happened to you. God, what a pitiful story I just shared.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home