Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Some Thoughts

Benny two hit the Yanks over seven innings tonight, and the pen held. Sweet.

Has anyone been watching ESPN this week? You can't get through a commercial break without an ad for DaniCa's race this weekend. And a 1 hour "Danica's Raod to Indy" before the race. Maybe I can snow CK into watching the race with me.

Going to Milwaukee tomorrow to visit my parents, but mainly my dad. Turns out that the company that he sold his company to, with the understanding that he would hang around for about 2 years and then retire, is finally forcing him to retire (I think it is about 4 years after the fact now). It is good and bad. He has to get his health in order, but he isn't all that sure what he is going to do with himself, I think. He doesn't know how to not be working. And then some other goofy stuff has been happening that has him down, like the stockbroker managing their retirement dying, and then the new one dying suddenly not 6 months later.

Just a one day stop, then back to see my wifey. Maybe we'll go to Harborfest...NOT! Only fucking Norfolk would block the main street of their city for a business day for a shitty little fest with some trailor vendors selling cotton candy and funnel cakes.

Really hope things work out in St. Louis. There is just a buzz around a city big enough to be major league. The question is NEVER is there something to do? It is which of the many things do I want to do? And because the infrastucture her is built to support residents, and not tourists, I can actually get to those places more quickly than in V.B. Ok, done kicking dirt on H.R., but they asked for it after the soccer fiasco today. How fucking bush league.

I found out that my sister in law is an O.C. watcher. WHO KNEW? She said she missed some episodes this year, but I can catch her up I'm sure. Also, Adam Brodey is the same IRL as on The O.C. After seeing him on Leno tonight, I may go see Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Am I watching the X-Files tonight to see all of the F.B.I. Agents?

My 14 year old nephew is F A S T. He has the same power I do, but weighs less than half as much. Obviously he is going to fly around a bike track. He finished ninth in the B race tonight (the Bs here are pretty stout). In other bike racing news, Brandon won his first race tonight in the Virginia Beach tuesday night crits. When I met Brandon, he was 12 or 13 and about 40 pounds overweight. That is a lot for a kid his age. Then he started riding and riding (his parents were going through a divorce, and I think he turned to the bike and bike shop to get him through). Now he is fast and beat up on an adult field to take the prize. I couldn't be happier or prouder.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brad said...

But funnel cake ... oh, wait that is my parking they are taking! Bush league!

3:12 AM  
Blogger Major Rakal said...

"Only fucking Norfolk would block the main street of their city for a business day for a shitty little fest with some trailor vendors selling cotton candy and funnel cakes."

I guess you've never been to Ithaca, New York, for the annual Ithaca Festival. It was just last weekend, in fact... so glad I wasn't there.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Yeah, but Ithaca doesn't pretend to be that which it is not.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Your dad doesn't know what do do with his free time? Just introduce him to WoW.

3:28 PM  
Blogger erika said...

sis-in-law has good taste.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home