Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bo Jackson Rides Again

309.5 - 1483 - 0 (zilch (nada (bubkus)))

I can't imagine walking around the block with a degenerative hip. Floyd Landis is riding the Tour with one. The crazy bastard gets his first taste of the mountains tomorrow. Wish I could stay home to watch the stage...or that the primetime coverage didn't have Troutwig and Roll nattering on for 2 1/2 hours and the real announcers for about five. Maybe the mountains will be different.

Best billboard I ever saw was for the "Hip Ticket Plan" for the Chisox the year after Jackson had the replacement done.

P.S. if 320 was a big red number, 210 would be a big green number, so at least I am back under 3 digits (Kathy spelling assist).

Oh, yeah, best culinary part of the day...big pot of chili, recipe on the fly:

15 oz diced tomatos (with peppers)
15 oz can spicy chili beans
6 oz chicken cooked on the grill and then shredded
8 oz can beef broth
packet of McCormick's Hot chili seasoning (this is shitty cheating, and I wouldn't do it if I had more time/energy to mess with the seasoning, but I so don't)
1 vadalia onion
1 green pepper
1 tbs flour (to thicken)
a cup or two of water? Enough so that it could simmer for a while and thicken back up

140 calories per cup, very hearty, very tasty, pretty hot...I was sweaten by the end of it. Served 2 cups of it over a cup of whole wheat pasta.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home