Wednesday, July 05, 2006

320

I'm not going to tell you what that number represents, but I bet you'll be able to pick it up fron context.

Fitday.com is back in my life (again), and I'm going to shoot for 1500 calories per day. It will be difficult, and I'm going to have to remember the two truths to actually making progress:

1. Hunger is not equal to mortal pain.
2. Boredom is not equal to hunger.

An additional challenge is that I sit across from the desk where everyone dumps baked goods at work, and I love me some baked goods. In my favor is the fact that the cafeteria at work has a servicable salad bar (I will make the salads).

Now I will post one of the best things that have come across that desk and pretend that I just ate it.

Hershey Brownies with chocolate chip cookie dough blopped on top. Bake the whole mess 10 minutes longer than the brownie box tells you to. Soooo amazingly good. Try it if your number is less than 320. Next time I see it on that desk, I'll be figuring how to fit a slice in under the 1500 calorie mark. And using my new anti-desk strategy of trying to wait for the last piece...my problem isn't the first piece, it's the third piece...

2 Comments:

Blogger Mkae said...

Also remember this mantra, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".

You can do it man! The wife and I started a mutual diet today. It's been a stretch but we're finally both on the same schedule.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Dave(id) said...

Mkae, that mantra makes me hear Richard Simmons.

I like your 2 truths, it's funny cause sometimes you just want to veg out, but then you get bored, then have no energy to do what you should be doing. Hate the boredom!

Good luck, keeping chasing the ball around!

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home