Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Diligence

Blech. These have been the longest three days of the whole "Post-D" time. The funny thing is, it should probably be the time when it feels like things are starting to move faster, but not so much.

I have a wiff of my first choice job, but I'm waiting for a call. Sooo, common sense says not to leave the house during business hours. Only been out for 3 hours doing a favor for someone. Can't even go out into the yard to cut the grass. That alone makes for some long days.

A stack of little uglies (Napster sucks, flat tire to start ride tonight, Brewers lose 2, the death of soccer, can't get to Origins to pitch cause I have to be here, rework on the proposal, new compressor for the A.C. ($800 ding), bike ride rained out tues night) hasn't helped. Add to that getting caught off guard by one of the bigger personal disappointments I've had in a long time and it has been a month in just 3 days.

But I remember what a smart man said to me not too long ago. Diligence is the key at times like this. So I threw out another couple of resumes today, cooked dinner for K, and bought a Six Demon Bag for Mia on WoW.

9 Comments:

Blogger TheGirard said...

No Tom at Origins = :(

11:07 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

I might rally MG, but it is looking doubtful :(

11:28 AM  
Blogger Michael J. Hercus said...

Tom, two words: Cell Phone.

You can leave the house... honest.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Doesn't work. The way the process works they only take one phone number. Final 3 for the job, but I don't know where I am in terms of the order, so I can't afford any delays in making my case. Plus, my cell coverage is shakey.

12:48 PM  
Blogger thisismarcus said...

Surely they'll leave a message? Don't go stir crazy! Good luck.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Sure, they'd probably leave a message. Would they leave a number to call back? All I know is that I'm in the final 3 and that coming out for an interview depends in some extent on how the phonecall goes. What if they talk to the other two, decide that they match well enough to bring them out, and then decide that they'll probably have their guy or girl from those two,all before they call me back?

Have you guys applied at a big corp lately? Not like they give you contact numbers or any way to follow up. In fact, exactly and intentionally the opposite.

It would be irresponsible to do anything which lessens my chances of coming through that meat grinder.

7:09 AM  
Blogger TheGirard said...

Still missing ya. Especially after reading alread's blog.

of course I had to send him a picture of the peanut butter sandwich place.

chuck made some good contacts, hopefully they'll work out for him.

Have you heard yet?

9:27 PM  
Blogger Mkae said...

Didn't we establish that keeping your lawn mowed and fertilized was key????

10:04 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Heh.

Good to hear from you boys. Hope the show is going well.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home