Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Dingos Did NOT Eat My Baby

311.5 (ah vacation) - 1308 (ah guilt) - 305 (running 1.3 miles had to be more than that).

(continues title) though they sure looked like they wanted to.

Despite the storms (essentially, a near miss by a hurricane to you east coasters), things went relatively ok around here. Though my neighbor with the yappy dog had a table blow off his deck into my back yard on Friday. Wanna guess if it is still sitting in my yard? You had to know they were trouble when they only bothered to get siding on the front fucking side of their house (why bother with the back?).

We got power back even before leaving for Milwaukee, and before the second storm hit on Friday, and kept it through the second storm. It would be very hard to complain.

Plus, it essentially forced me to flex a day off so we could go up and see my parents, who took us to the Milwaukee zoo (which used to be the number 2 zoo in the country behind San Diego...they have dumped a bunch of cash back into it, so I'm betting it is top 5 again). I'd been meaning to do that, and it was a lot of fun.

We are talking about hosting a gaming night this Saturday with some of the guys from work (and a couple of gaming wives...who knew?). Which will be fun, but make me miss the folk from the company all over again.

More on Floyd when I get some time. Anyone see that Discovery is stalking him for next year?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

My gaming life is so sad that I sat in on a Tsuro demo Tuttle was running at San Diego Comic Con, and it's about the only gaming for pleasure (not work) I've done all year.

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home