Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I think I know...


Operation
Originally uploaded by sethsdisciple.
...blogging might be the perfect complement to watching baseball. I can split my attention between the two of them and not feel like a total slug for sitting in front of the TV for that time.

...serving utensil selection is important for community queso, and not to be taken lightly. Otherwise, tongs may be required.

...the Tour de France is more fun to watch with people and tasty sandwiches.

...I miss riding with K. Or much more accurately, bitching at her for riding too fast and making me work too hard to keep up. The girl can't go slow. CAN'T.

...floating is fun.

...one of the meanest things that can be said to a man or woman in a relationship, and that it couldn't have been said to a more deserving person.

...Derrick Turnbow is still a goofy looking mofo.

...Kristine makes quality homemade salsa. I need the recipe. Are the tomatoes from her garden? I suspect they are.

...the summer is slipping away.

...I wish I was with my family at the lake in Minnesota like most Julys.

...I'm happy that Benny found his fucking curveball and the missing 3 mph on his fastball.

...I need a haircut.

...Magic Shell needs to be shaken well, upside down, for 20 seconds, to function properly. Or does it?

...there should not be multiple bags of potato/tortilla chips in my house when I return from a 60 mile bike ride, though the problem tends to be self #$%!ing correcting.

8 Comments:

Blogger Shocho said...

An example of a statement in need of further elucidation:

...one of the meanest things that can be said to a man or woman in a relationship, and that it couldn't have been said to a more deserving person.

6:59 AM  
Blogger TheGirard said...

what was said? and to who?

9:34 AM  
Blogger erika said...

MAN these people are curious.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Shocho said...

A comment like that invites further comment.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

This was a hilarious post...and you're my "bike guy" Tom, I bet, right?? The expert roadie with the awesome cleaning/tune up advice?

If not, just say yes so I'm not totally mortified...eh?

10:36 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Heh, I don't remember using the word expert. But yeah, I gave you the advice on how to transfer the gunk from being all over your drive train to all over your hands, clothes, and garage floor :)

10:59 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Cool, mortification episode cancelled ;)
Oh, and now I pick up my bike tomorrow (Friday) instead of today. The dang stem was completely rusted in there! Gah! Yeah, it needed some work ;) but at least the chain wasn't stretched... Thanks again for the tip!!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Heh, the wrenches like to feel busy :)

How old is the bike?

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home