Monday, August 07, 2006

All the Way

301.5 - 1433 - 299 (that number is bullshit...it must take more calories than that for me to drag my fat ass 1.5 miles up and over hills...but that is what fitday says).

Today was a milestone. For the first time in my life (including back in high school gym class) I ran a mile. No stopping, no walking. It wasn't fast, but I didn't stop once.

And as often happens when the break through comes, I actually went on to run about a mile and a half (after about 1/4 mile our street opens up onto a mile long loop). I hadn't made it more than 2/3 of a mile before.

And clearly, I still dispise running.

In other news, I spontaneously picked up the Civ 4 expansion this weekend and popped it in. And was pleasently surprised to find that the online multiplayer promised for so long finally fucking works. It only took them 15 years, but oh is it sweet. I only wish the defenders didn't have such an advantage...I'll have to learn how to press my luck on the attack.

I don't know how much time I'll have for it (but I'm pretty sure there is a save feature), but who wants to play the world with me?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I just got Civ 4 two weeks ago. Is the online (without the expansion) that bad? I haven't even tried it yet.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Shocho said...

Wow, man! Grats and grats! I went for too many decades without running, and my knees can't take it.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Brad said...

Yea! for one mile! [mile plus]

And that calory number is wrong - not because of your size either.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home