Saturday, August 05, 2006

Getting What I Deserve

298.5 (notice the first number?) - 1574 - 0

Ben can blame me for the karma that gave him "tight pecs" tonight, and a 1 inning start after making fun of Chris Carpenter last night.

Below 300. I'll probably creep back above it for a day or two due to water weight (which drops to minium after friday night soccer), but next time I go below it should stick...hopefully that will be the last time in my life that I step on a scale and see a 3 as the first fucking number.

Two memory fragments on 300 lbs.

1. When I was 10 or 12 years old and my dad was on the big diet and dropped below 300. I remember my mom getting a bunch of ballons. I wish he could have made it stick...I think his response to stress was to eat, and running his own business all those years was full of stress. I'm hoping that if this diet ends up where I'm hoping (hell, even if I get 1/2 way there) it will inspire him to get back on the train and drop some weight...not many people who are his weight and his age...

2. Telling my buddy Sean right after I got out of college that I was going to go touch 300 "just to see what it was like." Stupid. It sucks. The answer is that it sucks.

The manifestation of that suck was on the soccer field earlier this summer when I had a ball roll just in front of me at the top of the box where I could get a shot if I ran (hard) on to the ball. I did, and then when I went to stop, the rest of my body just kept going...too much momentum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home