Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The Original Soccer Park


Soccer Park C
Originally uploaded by sethsdisciple.
I have been fortunate enough the last 2-4 years to get to play soccer at lunch on tuesdays and thursdays. What an unexpected bonus it has been!

Have a look at our first field. Not more than 80 feet long, I think, and not wider that 20 feet at one of the ends.

You can see the tree in the middle of the field. There used to be two. And when we started playing, that field felt huge. I mean really really big. One sprint of about 10 steps and I was toast for a good 10 minutes.

We also used to have a battle of wills with the locals. The Australian contingent would try to hit as many cards as he could with shots, and the locals would try to leave as much dog poop on the field as they could. Orange cones, sticks, and piles of leaves were all used to mark poo outposts during play.

I got to know some of the people I worked with a lot better, and met a bunch of people both at my office, and from around town that I never would have known.

Soccer. Who knew?

3 Comments:

Blogger TheGirard said...

Where is that at?

8:31 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Keep following Tazewell, past the pagoda.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Dave(id) said...

We'll miss ya Tom!
Screw the 401k, do you have a soccer team?!?!?

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home