Monday, May 16, 2005

I can't believe I'm saying this...

I'm at home, working on our P.C. It is a nice computer, with plenty of horses under the hood.

And yet, I find myself longing for the mac sitting on my (former) desk at Decipher. Hrmmph. "How can this be?" I don't think I could possibly have become a "mac" person...but I'm at least dependent on the damn thing now. I can open all the shit I need and get at all of the files quickly. This beast seems to be fighting me a bit, and always has, frankly. Have I become so used to the computer for people who can't be bothered with a real computer that I can't go back? Of all the damage done to my engineering "cred" by my years in gaming, my inability to use a P.C. as well as I would like might be right at the top of the list. I'm sure I'm going to find a bunch more though...

At the very least, I need to spend my 6 week vacation working on the the P.C. so when I start my new job I don't look like a complete jackass who can't work a computer...maybe Pam will let me buy my old machine.

I blame the white sneakers (If I understood this thing enough, I would include a link to Steve Jobs there).

3 Comments:

Blogger GiromiDe said...

I consider myself a Mac person, but I haven't regularly used one since before MacOS X, so when my family finally purchases that cherry PowerBook this year, I'll have a tough break-in period.

1:25 PM  
Blogger TheGirard said...

No Tom, don't convert. It's not worth it.


btw - I was having the same issue with my home PC over the weekend. The wireless decided to conk out and I was having a hell of a time trying to access the necessary stuff from the PC when I could just click on the little radar waves in the toolbar on my Mac.

Don't say it chuck...Girard is not a Mac person.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Shocho said...

This is why Macs cost so goddamned much. They work better. This is why somebody who can drive a Malibu drives a Coupe de Ville. It's just nicer.

The price difference is astronomical, though. For only $600 I can upgrade the processor in my three year old Mac... or buy a decent current Windoze machine. Sigh.

I think the laptop prices are closer together, but I don't really have a need for a laptop (I was spoiled at work, to be sure, but I don't have to have one.)

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home